Creatine Depot L Carnitine 1000 grams
What is L Carnitine?
L-carnitine is a trimethylated amino acid that plays essential roles in many areas of the body, including fatty acid translocation and muscle function. Carnitine is also acetylated into the ester Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) in the brain, liver, and kidney. ALCAR also plays a variety of roles in the body, including increasing acetylcholine production and stimulation of protein and membrane phospholipid synthesis. Orally administered L-carnitine and ALCAR have profound nutrient repartitioning properties, and the effects of supplementing with them have been extensively researched in many areas.
How to make L Carnitine work better!
- L-Carnitine works best with a diet low in sugars and starches (carbohydrates).
- Studies show that for carnitine to work effectively, carbohydrate intake should be kept below 50% of total calories consumed daily.
- Elevated insulin levels inhibit optimal carnitine activity (the burning of body fat and energy production).
- Omega 3 fats (flaxseed and fish oils) improve carnitine activity and function in the body.**
- Adequate protein at each meal is essential for carnitine activity and fat burning
L CARNITINE AND FAT BURNING:
- L-Carnitine assists in the transport of long-chained fatty acids that are burned for energy.
- L-Carnitine enhances the consumption of fat as a source of fuel.
- L-Carnitine has been shown to increase the amount of fat you burn during both anaerobic (strength training) and aerobic (cardiovascular) workouts.
- L-Carnitine plays an important role in mobilizing fatty deposits found in tissues of overweight individuals.
- L-Carnitine helps remove fats waste products (ketones) from the blood stream.
- Effective carnitine activity helps to discourage fatty build up in the liver, heart, and skeletal muscle.
- L-Carnitine has been shown to improve lean muscle strength. Maintaining muscle tissue takes four to five times more calories than maintaining fat tissue, which is important for permanent weight loss.
- L-Carnitine helps to stabilize blood sugar and eliminate cravings for carbohydrates.
SUPPLEMENTING L-CARNITINE CORRECTLY:
- First, you need to start taking at least 1000 mg per day of L-Carnitine to promote weight loss. Obese individuals may start with 2000 mg per day.
- Those with metabolic resistance, start to do well on 3000-5000 mg per day.
- Research has shown, that when you start to feel more energy, it is a sign that the level of carnitine, you are using, is starting to burn body fat.
- Increase carnitine by 500 mg per day (one capsule) until you begin to feel this increased energy level in you daily lifestyle.
- Your energy level will be your guide as to how effective carnitine is working in your body.
- The Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) lists no toxic effects from prolonged use of L-Carnitine.
- It is best taken before breakfast and lunch.